Senior Residential and Residential Support Workers - Surrey - West Sussex - East Sussex - £17,224 to £21,011 per annum (plus sleep in payments of £21.50, equates to approx. £3,100pa.)
We have exciting opportunities available for people looking to work in the care sector, working with Looked After Children. Opportunities are available working across East/West Sussex and Surrey. We are looking for energetic, resilient and dedicated people who want to progress their careers in the caring profession. My Choice are looking to recruit Residential Support Workers & Senior Residential Support Workers for our established two to four bedded Children's Homes in East / West Sussex and our home in Surrey.
We are a growing company providing residential care for 'Looked After Children'. We are a child orientated, needs led organisation; established to provide a positive life enhancing opportunity for young people who are unable to sustain a placement in their parental homes, foster homes or conventional children's homes. We provide a safe and secure environment for the development of young people. We support children and empower them to face the issues both in their past and present that have caused them difficulties and provide outstanding outcomes for young people accommodated in the homes.
We are looking for experienced staff who have worked within a caring environment, children and adolescents in a residential setting. You will require excellent people skills, be able to develop and maintain good working relationships, good leadership skills and the willingness to undertake additional Qualifications (Level 3 Diploma CYPW) and all training provided. Ideally you would have already achieved your NVQ Level 3 Caring for Children and Young People or equivalent.
The company has a fantastic support structure in place and is known for the excellent career development, training, support through level 3 diploma working with children and young people and progression that it offers to all its employees.
- You will receive a salary package of circa £20,324 to £24,111pa depending on experience. In addition to the above salary you will receive an excellent training package, sponsorship through the Level 3 Diploma, Children and Young Peoples Workforce, which is a nationally recognised qualification worth over £1000! We also provide an employee benefits scheme, plus contributory pension scheme.
- Overtime is also available with these roles.
For more information on this role and for an application pack, please contact us.
View Job Details (Surrey) View Job Details (West Sussex) View Job Details (East Sussex)
Casual Residential Support Worker - West Sussex - East Sussex - Surrey - £9.00 per hour (plus sleep in payments of 21.50, equates to approx. 3,100pa.)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- To assist in formulating assessments of needs for each young person.
- To assist the Registered Care Manager in the management of the home in all aspects appropriate to the Statement of Purpose for the home.
- To provide a caring and supportive environment for young people which respects and affirm their racial, cultural and religious identity and lifestyle.
- To assist in returning them to their families or enable them to move on to alternative careers or independence at the appropriate stage in their lives.
- To help the young person and all significant persons in the design and implementation of their care plans taking into account the views of the young person.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To safeguard and promote the welfare of young people.
- To maintain satisfactory child care standards.
- To provide a caring and supportive environment in which young people will feel safe.
- To act as a positive role model.
- To exercise appropriate control of young people by being aware of their presenting needs.
- The maintenance of satisfactory written records and reports on the individual young person's behaviour and attitude which can be used in casework conferences and/or Court Proceedings.
- To undertake and promote domestic duties in the home and ensure high standards of cleanliness and presentation throughout the home and grounds.
- To ensure that statutory regulations and other policies and procedures of the company are implemented.
- To have good practice at the cornerstone of all work undertaken whilst in the employment of the company.
- To be responsible for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- To ensure the rights and needs of the young people are met as fully as possible whether emotional, spiritual, physical, intellectual, cultural or social.
- To promote and maintain positive anti-discrimination practices.
- To attend staff meetings and supervision sessions.
- To undertake other duties at a higher responsibility level matching relevant experience and ability as directed by the line manager.
- To attend the mandatory training sessions.
- To manage individual shifts as required.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
- This is a casual worker agreement.
THIS POST IS SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA BEING MET
- Suitably experienced / qualified evidence of qualifications required
- Satisfactory formal interview at Head Office
- Satisfactory second interview
- Satisfactory References
- Satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Disclosure
Are you able to make a positive difference to the lives of vulnerable children and young people? This is a challenging but rewarding role supporting 10-18 year olds with emotional behavioural difficulties. No two days are the same and if you are passionate about helping vulnerable children with complex behaviours to fulfil their potential and are not daunted by challenges and the occasional setbacks, then please apply.